Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Compassion Blog Month: Gearing up for September

It's almost nine o'clock at night. I'm settled into my nice home, typing away on my laptop, while passing time before bed. I've eaten a filling supper, washed my hands, watched tv, and used our indoor plumbing. All this has taken place in the same 24 hrs that many have gone without food, clean water, proper health care, and plumbing. Two different worlds, one loving God. 

I have been wrestling with the "whys" lately. Why her, not me? Why some, not others? Why two worlds and one title: "humanity"? Why?


There's no simple answer. At least no answer that I have found. One thing I know is that the same loving God who loves me, who sacrificed his life for me, also died for and loves those precious people who are suffering. The ones who walk through and live in garbage are treasured by the King of Kings. Their dire circumstances are not too low for His Holy eyes. Although I may be able to go throughout my day without thinking about them, God is not. 


The words of Psalm 139:


 
LORD, you have searched me and known me! 
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways. 

These words are as true for young boy or girl in poverty as it is for me. He is
 acquainted with all his ways. The darkness of poverty, slavery, and evil will not keep God way. 

Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
 
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,

for darkness is as light with you.

One knew before they were born who they would be and where they would live. In your humanity, you will probably have to wrestle through that truth like I have. Please wrestle. Our God is good. God saw them in their malnourished mother's womb, as He saw you in your mother's womb.

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
 
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
 
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
 
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.


God also knew who would reach out to help. With $30 a month, we can bring hope to kids, and ultimately families, through Compassion International. Don't think I'm preaching to you about stretching your pocketbook. That is between you and God. I understand tight circumstances, and I also understand the blessings of giving. Pray and ask God how you can help. 

This month is Blog month at Compassion International, meaning Compassion Bloggers are putting their game faces on to see more children sponsored in September than have ever been before in the month of September. The goal to make that happen is 3,108 children. Guess what that means? It means that, as a new Compassion Blogger, I am joining the fun. Yep, you have heard it first here, Ladies and Gents, I am blogging for Compassion International. So, let the good times roll. 

If you are a blogger and would like to join the Compassion Bloggers network, stroll on over to the website here. For you non-bloggers, and bloggers alike, please visit Compassion International to learn about all that God is doing through their ministry.



No comments: