Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

It's beginning...

Well, I have official began to meet people from First Baptist Chula...Okay, so only over the phone and email. It's still crazy. I have talked to my pastor and some of the youth volunteers.

According to them I will have a group of about 10-13!...and most of them are Boys! FUN!...I think....Also they are all older teens. The average age is probably 16 or 17. Hmmm wonder how they will feel about me. Don't get me wrong. I like working with guys. I just know that they may not always feel comfortable opening up to me. However, my prayer is that they will know I'm there for them and they will be open with me!

I still feel completely overwhelmed. I not sure how I fit into the church. They already have people in place to work with the youth. I don't want to step on people's toes. Also, I get paid so I don't want to be slack on my responsibilities. Pray that I will realize that I was placed there to help them. I will do what ever that takes, whether it's stepping back or stepping forward.

Pray that God will calm my nerves. I still feel anxious. However, as much fear as Satan throws at me, I am determined to live in the peace Jesus died to give me. :) I know that this is where God wants me and I trust that it will be the summer of a lifetime :) God is so cool! He is transforming this shell of a girl into the Godly woman He created me to be. As scary as it is, it is exciting. I know this summer is just one more step I need to take in my journey of spiritual growth. God teaches us so much when we have to rely completely on Him. So many times I wonder why I never seem to have confidence in the opportunities God lays in front of me. Yet, I know in my heart that if I had confidence in myself I would not depend on Him. I probably should work at having more confidence. That's part of trust in God....well, "He's still working on me".

In His Love,

Jenn

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Just remember, Esther probably felt out of place too when she went to live in the palace!!!
God has you there for a specific reason!
Just know we're praying for you!
btw, i'm in the library at the hospital. ;o)