Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Okay Now...

So, I'm rested and ready to talk. :)

So much to tell. I'm not sure where to start. We'll start with last Thursday. On thursday my roommate from school was suppose to visit for the weekend. She was 1) coming because I wanted to see her and 2) because I didn't want to stay here at the house by myself...The family I'm living with this summer went to the beach last week. I had to stay because I was in charge of the kid's carnival.

Back to Thursday. I was bummed that my roomie wasn't coming. However, things turned around. I was invited to visit a friend from school who was having a get together at his house. He lives across the street from my school. Soooo I was able to see some of my friends, who were taking summer classes, that I haven't seen since May! I had a blast! I missed school more than I realized.

On Friday the roomie was finally able to come down. We had a great weekend! She was a lot of help for the Kid's Carnival!

Now, the Kid's Carnival- I haven't felt that dirty or tired in a long time! It was quite exhausting. I was nervous since I was the person in charge. I have helped with events many times. This was my first time planning and executing an event like this! WOW!

It was planned to start at 5:00. When 5:00 rolled around, I think there was one kid! Scary. I was praying. But I wasn't panicking. I guess because I knew the prayer I prayed that morning: Lord, make this a success in Your eyes not man's eyes.

Things worked out. We didn't have a huge crowd, but we had the crowd God wanted. A man brought his kid's who has been talking about visiting our church for a while. Then a woman brought several kid's we had never seen before. I was happy. This carnival gave the youth a chance to serve and it gave me a chance to serve! It was indeed a success!!! :)

In His Love,

Jennifer

No comments: