Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Frazzeled: Only the Coolest Word Ever

Tonight this girl is tired. It's a mental, physical, and spiritual weariness.

My bed is calling, but my mind is to active to rest.

There is a lot on my plate right now, but problem is not that I'm busy. I like being busy. My issue is weariness from not slowing down enough to, "Be still and know [He] is God"(Psalm 46:10).

It's sad how easily I can slip into a rhythm of life that leaves Him in a corner. I'm aware I am ignoring Him. I know His voice (John 10). It's just not enough to slow down this girl. Time with Him turns into one more thing to add to my to-do list. It becomes a chore, instead of a gift of intimacy. Time in the Word is no longer comforting, or even challenging, only tiring.

I'm not sure how I got in this place. But it's become routine.

My hope>

1)"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9.

If it weren't for His grace, I would be a mess.


2)"For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

I'm resting in the promise of His favor. Though weeping(weariness) last for the night, there is joy...

Now that I have spent some time "talking" this out, I feel refreshed. Still tired, but hopeful. :)

In His love,
Jennifer

No comments: