Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Losing All for Treasured Gain


I have no master but Thee, no law but Thy will, no delight but Thyself, no wealth but that Thou givest, no good but that Thou blessest, no peace but that Thou bestowest. I am nothing but that Thou makest me. I have nothing but that I receive from Thee. I can be nothing but that grace adorns me. Quarry me deep, dear Lord, and then fill me to overflowing with living water. Valley of Vision- The Deep (Click Me)

How different my life would look if I didn't put so much confidence in my flesh, but in the Spirit. In worshipping Him above competing idols, I would know true gain. I've foolishly believed that I could be good enough, that I could merit His love, that righteous was a title to be earned. I was wrong. Nothing good comes from my sin nature. I echo the words of Paul:

But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith (Philippians 3:7-9).

Don't let me fool you, ladies and gents, I do NOT have this figured. One thing I know, I've tried life on my own. In fact, I do everyday, and I've been more lost earning on my own than losing for His sake. The righteousness I wear everyday I wear in Faith.

I'm laying it all down for the sake of knowing Him more. Praying Quarry me deep, dear Lord, and then fill me to overflowing with living water (Valley of Vision- The Deep), I'm content. Trusting Him more, I'll seek Him in my pain. In Philippians, Paul goes on to say, I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead (v 10).  Suffering blesses us with a more Christ-like appearance. Take comfort in knowing, I have nothing but that I receive from Thee. I can be nothing but that grace adorns me (Valley of Vision- The Deep). 

Here's me praying for you today! May the loss in knowing Him be as gold compared to the rubbish earned apart from Him.

In His Name,
Jennifer

No comments: