Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Perspective: Five Minute Friday Fun

Happy Friday! {Stick around here for any length of time and you'll learn that I am a big, no huge, fan of Fridays!}

Today, I'm joining a little shindig at The Gypsy Mama's blog called Five Minute Fridays. I've wanted to participate in the fun for a while, but I haven't worked up the guts to do it until today. That being said, here goes nothing!

Rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.

Perspective:

GO!

It's funny that we're suppose to talk about, write if you will, about perspective. That very word has been on my mind this week. What does perspective mean? Do I have a "good" perspective? I know many times I don't. I focus on what I perceive, while giving little attention to reality or truth. One day I was walking at our local River Walk, when I decided that I would take the same trail backwards. Suddenly everything I was used to seeing looked different. The only thing that had changed was my view of the walk. Perspective. Makes sense that things change when our perspective changes. I think I can get used to this, if only I would apply the concept to my physical life. What would it mean today to change my perspective? What would I see? It's a challenge I'm giving myself. You in?

STOP!

Are you brave enough to join the fun? Give it a shot!

Hey, is it cheating to go back and add letters you may have left out. ;)

In His Name,

Jennifer

7 comments:

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Love your take on the "different" perspective!

Angel said...

Thank you for your encouragement in your words... I enjoyed reading your perspective on perspective ;)

Dionne said...

It is true how our perspective really affects seeing truth or reality. Yes, if we stop and breathe a moment...take the moment in...we will see something new. Stopping by from Gypsy Mama.

RosieBoo said...

I'm going to walk backwards sometime soon. :-) Love your blog...Five Minute Friday find! Hang in their single sister...my heart aches for marriage too...and I'm way older than you...but never give up on a hope deferred. <3

Jennifer said...

@Mrs. Pedersen: Thanks! It takes physically changing my view for this stubborn girl to gain perspective!

@Angle: Thanks a bunch!

@Dionne: Right? I have to make a conscious decision to stop and breath or I will keep pushing through until nothing makes sense any more.

@RosieBoo: haha you should! Thanks so much for your encouragement! I'm glad to know that we can entrust our hopes deferred to His hands!! :)

TW said...

Awesome post! It's pretty rad to see familiar things in new ways, isn't it?

Also, Five Minute Fridays are such a great challenge. I'm glad we're participating in them together.

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much, Tw! It definitely is- it can make all the difference.

Me too! I have to admit it was harder than I thought it would be.