Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Things You Should {Know} Today

There were three things, truths I needed to hear. She knew. Why? Because my God laid it on her heart.

1) He is near

2) He loves you

3) He truly wants the best for you

Little did my sweet friend know, I had, in some way, doubted each of the three this week. I have an inkling that maybe you have shared in my doubts, if not in this moment, in a past season or a future season. With that in mind, I decided to share the love with you that my friend showed me.

He is Near: By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit (1John 4:13). His Spirit is living and active in you, my dear. In the valley that leaves you drained and the desert that has you thirsty, He is as near as your heart. The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth ( Psalm 145:18).

He Loves You: So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him (1 John 4:16). God is love. Rest in that. Not loving you would be against His nature. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:38-39). I know familiarity with these verses, not to mention the gravity of each one, can make it hard for us to see the depth of their truth. I want you to forget everything you "know", and read them with new eyes. Wow, huh?

He Truly Wants the Best for You: No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him (1 Cor 2:9). We can't understand what the Gospel has opened up for us. His plans for peace, joy, redemption, and the like are beyond what are frail minds can conceive.  For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11).

You are treasured beyond what you can imagine by a loving, Holy God. Instead of what we deserve, He offers us life. Please do not waste your life, refusing to stand on His word. No matter what your feelings say, your shame says, or the enemy says, you are free. For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery (Galatians 5:1).


We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us (1 Cor 2:12).

In His Name,
Jennifer

No comments: