Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I.Have.A.Plan

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails (Prov 19:21).

 
2009 Calendar
Courtesy of Flickr: here

It's the last week of the year. Folks are setting goals and making plans that will make this new year better than the last. I have to admit, for a dreamer, a new year holds a lot of possibility. *smile* Plans are made to eat better, to work harder, to rest more, and to take more risks. "New" translates as "empty". So what do we do? We make our plans to fill the year up. New months are that way too, not that I write a bunch of goals I won't keep, but I dream a lot of dreams at new beginnings (years and months).

In fact, I can, and you probably can too, easily get swept up in planning mode. If I'm not careful, that's when I find myself in a sea of good plans, but with no awareness of Divine direction.

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps (Prov 16:9).

Amen and Hallelujah! Maybe this is just me, but left to my own planning, I would be one worn-out girl. It takes a lot of work to make your plans happen. Believe me I know from experience, and you can trust me when I tell you...

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed (Prov 16:3).

Success comes not in executing great plans, but in committing/submitting those plans to the Lord. Remember it's the Lord who determines our steps.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time (1 Peter 5:6).

There you have it, my plan for the new year: to humble myself, to commit my plans to the Lord, and to submit to the Divine plans made for me.

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long (Psalm 25:4-5).


Here's to happy planning, and humble praying!

In His Name,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Desiray said...

you are so right my dear many people are making all sorts of plans but for me I am making only one plan and that is have a much deeper relationship with God. That's the only thing that matters..Once I do that He'll take care of the rest of the things in my life for He promised that amen

Jennifer said...

That is indeed an awesome plan! :)