Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

By His wounds, By His wounds, We are healed.

Easter morning spirit
Courtesy of Flickr: here
These lyrics have been playing through my mind all morning, but it wasn't until a few minutes ago that I realized how timely they are. Today is Good Friday. This day celebrates the best and worst day of our histories. The wounds, that decorated His body this day so long ago, were for my healing. Best. Worst. The brutality of His death hurts my heart. The finality of sin's power through His death heals my heart.

I'm tempted to mourn His death, until I remember it was a gift. I do mourn all that He endured for my sake, but I'm mindful of His words: It is finished (John 19:30). With that, my soul is made free. My life hangs on those words.

Today, life goes on for the world. It could easily go on as usual for me too, except that, for me, this day means life.

I may not understand all the deep implications of His death, but I know His death is my life-line. With that in mind, I can't do business as usual today.

Lord, where would I be without your grace? I don't want to forget. I can't let today pass without pausing to thank you for the precious gift that cost you in blood and severe pain. I won't take the cost lightly. The reality is my sin hung you there. Oh but for grace. I will remember: It is finished (John 19:30). Please accept my meager words as offering of praise. Worthy is the Lamb.

In His Name,
Jennifer

No comments: