Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Can I Make A Confession?

I have writer's block. Oy.

I'm too attached to you guys not to write something. So, here are a few of the verses that have been drawing me closer to the Lord lately:

I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob, and I will hope in him (Isaiah 8:17).

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:3-6).

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect (Romans 12:1-2).

From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.“You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve. Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God.” (John 6:66-68).

I may not have much to say today, but that's A-okay. I know the One who holds words of life. For it is no empty word for you, but your very life, and by this word you shall live long in the land that you are going over the Jordan to possess (Deuteronomy 32:47). I need their life every day. 

 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).


Praying you are changed by the power of God's word.

In His Name,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Jen, I have so been there of late! Love that you showed up and shared anyway :)

Jennifer said...

I don't know about you, Sarah, but writer's block makes me crazy. ;)