Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Get Your Attitude of Gratitude on this Monday Morning

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).

I know. "Rejoice" on a Monday? I get that that may be a little cruel.

Oh well, such is life.

Woah, hold your stones. I'm kidding.

Just put on your favorite music, if that a possibility for you (fyi: it's not for me. ugh), and hear me out. I've been thinking about gratitude lately, and I'm realizing an attitude of gratitude has a lot more power than we understand. According to Thessalonians it is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you {me}. With that in mind, I'm shaking up my Monday with a gratitude list (in no particular order- so don't judge me).

  • My first cup of coffee (and everyone after that)
  • God's protection, especially the moments I'm unaware of
  • The sweet Greek man who brings me his brownies to work
  • Mercy new every morning
  • Sunsets
  • Food on my table
  • New opportunities
  • Adventures in trust
  • My car, Old Faithful. Twelve years old and still kicking, even though she is showing her age
  • Freedom- more ways than I can count
  • A daddy that not only brings truth every Sunday, but lives it- a Godly example to his family
  • A mama who is the greatest example of a Proverbs 31 woman I have ever met 
  • The older of my two younger brothers- keeps me laughing and my favorite movie buddy, when we can agree on the movie
  • The younger of my two younger brothers- the one who calls me "Jennie" and fascinates me with every "cute" thing he does
  • My group- the ones who care about me- whether spiritual, physical, mental, or emotional, they care.
  • You guys who read here- my bloggie friends (the best)
  • Books that challenge me to be better- ultimately, the Word that calls me to new life.
  • Weekends, though always too short, are the best part of every week.
  • This Monday, which is looking a little better in light of how blessed I am.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name (Psalm 100:4)!

Enjoy your Monday, Ladies and Gents!

In His Name,

Jennifer


No comments: