Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Transforming Meditation

This week I've been meditating on Mark 12:30, And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. I have recited it frequently. I've mulled over it's implications. Y'all, I've really saturated myself with this one.

Want to know the conclusion I've come to?

Loving God requires all of us. By that I mean, your whole self. Jesus says in Mark 12 love (the Lord your God) with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. That's the core of who I am. Notice the list does not include body parts of action, such as hands, feet, and mouth- which have their place in the service of God, but are parts of us that make up our inner life.

As I've meditated, I have wondered how I am loving God with these parts of me. Am I loving God with my heart, my soul, my mind, and my strength? When I have had a bad attitude at work I catch myself thinking, am I loving God with my mind right now. Right, that's not fun, especially when I feel like my bad attitude is warranted. But I'm realizing that God loves me too much to let me stay in the pit I'm in. And I'm learning to love Him too much to not love Him with all of me- mind, hands, mouth, feet, soul, strength, or anything esle He can use. Though scary, this is how I want to live the rest of my life.

Heart wide open.

Hey you, take some time every day this week and meditate on a certain verse. God transforms us when we saturate ourselves in His Word.

In His Name,

Jennifer

No comments: