Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dayana Micaela Zeas Lema


Sweet Dayana,

As I write this letter, you, sweet girl, are a precious three year old. You're waiting on Compassion International's waiting list to be sponsored. I'm sure in your three year old mind that simply means letters and school. But I know it means so much more. A sponsorship would mean a brighter future for you. It would mean letters, school, food, clean water, life-skills training, and medical care (here). It would mean hope.

Only God knows the unique plans He has for your precious life- the big, big plans He has already set in motion. One thing I know is that He has them. As you play with your dolls and jacks, He orchestrates your days. When your tummy growls from hunger, He hears. He sees every once of dirty water you drink. Your sweet, little three year old thoughts are not far from His mind. You are known.

I wish I could wrap my arms around you! Alas, I'll pray. I'll pray you are loved by the people in your community. I'll pray that God opens door, after door, after door of opportunity for you to have a bright future, that first door being sponsorship. I'll pray that you'll come to know God, who loves you unconditionally, at a young age. I'll pray that He gives you a heart for His Kingdom. I'll pray for you, all of you, for every need you have to be provided by His hand.

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him (Matthew 7:11)?

Never forget you are valued by God who gives value to His creations. Beautifully and intricately made were you, sweet girl.

Love,

Jennifer

Today I'm writing for Dayana and for every child listed on Compassion International's website. Dayana is a three year old sweetheart from Equador. According to Compassion, she loves playing jacks and with her dolls; she attends a Bible class, but is not enrolled in school yet. She is one of many children needing sponsorship. If you want to learn more about Dayana, click here. Please hear my heart on this, y'all. I understand that for some of you sponsoring a child is out of your budget. All I'm asking is that you ask God is this something He is asking you to do. There are many children waiting desperately to hear they have been sponsored. Maybe you can sponsor a child. Please consider how you can reach out to these children. To view other children waiting to be sponsored, go here.

Join the Compassion Blogger Network

No comments: