Pages

Monday, June 2, 2008

On the Field

Hi guys!

I have been in Chula for a little over a week. When I got here I stayed with a couple and there three kids. It was loud but fun. The family was great. I stayed there for two nights. The third night I stayed with a widow in the church who wanted me to stay with her one night. Last, I'm at the Padgett's house. They are encredible people. I am loving staying here. It's not home, but it's a nice home away from home. I have a nice big room with my own bathroom. I share the hall with Jessica Stanford. She's so sweet!! She is Brad's girlfriend. Brad is the son of the family I live with. He lives on the farm they own. The also have a daughter who is married.

I have to say I really like it here. For my mt. vernon friends Chula and Tifton are equivalent to mt. vernon and vidalia. I live in Chula ,but minus go to church I do everything in Tifton. We have a mall, theater, and walmart. Since it is off the interstate we have restaurants like Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, and Sonny's.

Well, the church is awesome too. I really like the youth. I struggled in the beginning because I was struggling figuring out my place here. They already have three volunteer workers and I didn't want to step on anybody's toes. I am beginning to find my place and I'm enjoying it. It just took trusting that God put me here for a purpose. I know He is helping me all the way.

Well that's where I'm at. Hopefully next time it want be so long before I write on here....Sorry Cheryl :)

Jennifer

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Yah!!!!!
I'm so proud of you! You are an awesome role model for all your cousins, big and little!
Love you.