Hey guys, I just read post on http://swanvalleytammi.blogspot.com/ . It was all about taking self-discipline one day at a time. That is my goal.
I have a hard time with sticking to things long term. However, I have realized that that is a problem of self-control. So I began there. I read Galations 5 on walking in the Spirit. The Fruits of the Spirit, which includes self-control, are a product of walking in the Spirit. If that's the case, shouldn't I have self-control. Am I walking in the Spirit, or am I following the desires of my flesh?...It's a matter of growth. Yes, these fruits come from walking in the Spirit, but for them to be strong they must be exercised. We have the potential to be completely self-control. However, we have this part of us called the flesh. The flesh is what strangles these fruits in our lives. With more practice of walking in the Spirit, the flesh begins to die. It's a matter of dying daily to this flesh.
My desire is not to live healthy on my own time. My desire is to daily die to my fleshly desires to eat more than I need, or my flesh that says you are too tired to exercise. If I can begin to die to my flesh, I believe I will begin to "Live Well" in all areas of my life.
Now, on a different note, I have been tagged. My new bloggie friend,http://truth4thejourney.blogspot.com/ tagged me. I have really enjoyed meeting her here in the blogging world. You are such a great encouragement to me!!
Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you (see above)
2) Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading)
3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)
) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them (This is only a game)
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
So six things about me:
1) I love to read! My favorite books are a series of books written by Robin Jones Gunn-the ChristyMiller Series along with Christy and Todd the college years. They the first series is for a younger crowd. I started reading them when I was probably 14 or 15. I still read them now though. They are that good! The perfect setting for me is a beautiful beach with a great book.
2) I have the best family in the world. I have two amazing parents and two crazy brothers- both younger. My brothers are seventeen and four. That's a big gap. I know. :) I am also close with all my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents on both sides. I love that aspect of my family.
3) I was homeschool my whole school career minus first grade. I loved it! I was a part of a homeschool group in my town where I met my two best friends. We have been friends since we were thirteen, and my other best friend, fifteen. Now, seven for one and five for the other,years later; we are more like sisters than best friends.
4) I love my Savior. I long desperately to daily know Him better. He keeps me straight. He is my God and my Redeemer. If I had to spend my life apart from Him, I don't think I would survive.
5) I'm pretty eclectic. I like everything. My style, interest, and hobbies fan all over the spectrum. I like to be pretty; I like to be dirty. I'm into modern things; I love old fashion things. I like sports; I like crafts. My music interest include every style, but I don't like nasty music. I have a little more class than that. I love every beat and melody.
6) I'm a hopeless romantic without a man. That's okay though. I'm content and waiting with ANTICIPATION.
Since I'm new to the blogging world, I don't have six blogging friends. So I'm going to list people whose blogs I enjoy perusing.
1) My aunt Cheryl at http://the2911promise.blogspot.com/. I love this woman. You have made a great edition to the Adams family!!
2) Valley Girl from http://www.blogger.com/profile/03803890115567631062. I have really enjoyed reading her blog entries this past week!
3) Angie from http://good-knights-news.blogspot.com/. I love her articles on Internet Cafe and will begin to check her home blog.
4) Amy from http://inpursuitofproverbs31.blogspot.com/. I was also introduced to Amy's articles through Internet Cafe.
These are the only people I am going to tag. Thanks Sonya for the tag!
In His Love,