Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

Damsel In Distress

I'm hanging on by a string, but I'm hanging on. This past week and a half I've been in a deep dark valley. It was not the darkest of darks, but let's just say the light was dim. I have put the one person I can fully depend on on a high shelf. Why? I don't know. I got back on campus and my life turned into chaos. I don't like it and I can't go into all the details.

Slowly I'm coming back to the God I know can heal my broken heart. Why is it so easy to turn away and so hard to come back? This summer was huge for me. God worked in my life in such personal ways. Yet, I come back to my school life and I don't think I need Him any more. Now, I never voiced that I didn't need God, but my actions reflected that attitude. To be honest, it was more like I couldn't see His arms. I knew I was drifting and I knew He was reaching out for me, but I didn't want to take the time to communicate with Him. Also, instead of leaning on everything I learned this summer, I listened to every lie Satan whispered in my hear. Let me tell you, He gave me an hear full. Instead of looking into the loving eyes of my Savior, I listened to the enemy straight from hell.

This weekend has been somewhat of a healing weekend for me. God's arms are visible. I want His embrace. I can feel Him drawing me close. I will trust. I will lean. I will seek Him.

No more believing LIES!!!! Truth is all I need and truth is only found in His Word.

I want to thank you to those who prayed for me- especially Angela and Edie. Your comments really spoke to my heart. God bless you!!!

In His Love,

Jennifer

1 comment:

Angela said...

Jennifer,
Yes, you are tagged! I am so glad you are leaning on God during this time. We all go through peaks and valleys, sometimes we even meander along the cliffs..I know I do! I am glad you were encouraged. Remembering who God is and the truth of who we are in Him always brings me into focus, I'm glad it did the same for you. OK, get started on your A to Z!
Angela