Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Not a Match Made in Heaven

For my gals that want to know, my blind date was definitely not a match made in Heaven. He was far from it. He was sweet, a gentlemen, and a good Christian guy.

AND??? You ask.

He wasn't my type- far from it. Is that enough?

Some people think I should give him a second try.

BUT

I don't want to.

He is not what I'm looking for. I'm not trying to be stubborn, really I'm not.

Here we go...

My Type:

A strong Christian. His desire is 2 Corinthians 3:18. Someone who loves people and is able to empathize with them. He is outgoing and friendly, but not arrogant or prideful. I like athletic guys. I love going to sporting events and athletes tend to be confident and good team players. My type is catering to me, but not overly so. I like to be taken care of, but I like to take care of myself too. I want someone I can support and take care of. I like hard-working men, but a family man.

I put this on here to make a point.

My blind date did not meet some of the key things I'm looking for.

Should I go on a second date, when I have no interest to, just because he's a good guy who wants a second date?

Oh the questions....

1 comment:

My name is Cait said...

You have a mighty long and mighty specific list. I think we all want those things. Someone who is this but not too much of that.
I don't know, I'm all about the second chances because I know how many first dates I've stuffed up because I was so nervous... but I don't know how much you already know about this guy and if he is a definate 'no'
I would say give him a second chance, people can be surprising from what your first impressions are. Plus you get a free meal!
Just as long as he doesn't ask you to pay for his theatre ticket without giving you dinner it's all ok :)