Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Stand Amazed

"Exalt the Lord our God! Bow low before His feet, for He is holy!" Psalm 99:5

These our the words I received, in a text message, yesterday only moments after receiving a miracle in my life.

He is Holy!

These past few months have been really hard on my family, especially financially. My dad is a civil engineer. He went without work for five months; and presently, he only gets projects on occasion. Needless to say, times have been hard.
I have been job hunting near Brewton-Parker for a couple of weeks. My situation would dictate that I would be unable to return without a job to make school payments.

God had bigger plans!

Yesterday, I was set to meet with the Dean of Students, Mrs. Sherri Helms, to talk about my financial situation, and to ask for any help that was available. Mrs. Sherri has a lot of authority at BPC. I knew God would make a way. I just had my idea of how He was going to do it. *He would use Mrs. Sherri to find me scholarships; and then He would open up doors for a job so I would be able to make my school payments.* I think so small....

I never made it to my meeting with Mrs. Sherri.

Before I was schedule to talk to Mrs. Sherri, I had to drop of paperwork at Financial Aid and visit the Business Office to discuss payment plans. *You know, I had to what exactly my situation looked like to talk to Mrs. Sherri.*

...I bow low before His feet...Psalm 99:5

In the Business Office, Mrs Paula turns to me and says, "Hun, all you owe for Fall is $46.00." I just KNEW there had to be a mistake. I still had summer payments of $665.00 that I was unable to make. Let me tell you, the grants and scholarships that I was awarded this year completely COVERED my SUMMER and FALL payments with only $46.00 left on my bill. WOAH!

God didn't stop there...

I came to realize later that, with all that I was awarded per semester, I owe ZERO dollars for SPRING semester. Actually, I have over six hundred dollars extra on my bill- meaning I will have to take out less loans next semester. *I will still take out loans this semester, but no more than usual.*

Hallelujah!!

To think, early this week I was doubting that I was ever called to BPC. I thought I had accumulated to much dept. These thoughts polluted my brain, even after I have prayed every semester for God's guidance in deciding to leave or stay.

I Stand Amazed!

P.S. I want to add: God is worthy of such praise as demonstrated above, even without this miracle.

In His Name,

Jennifer

2 comments:

My name is Cait said...

wow that is very cool. God is amazing!

Cheryl said...

I have chills all over my body!!!

God is soooo good!