Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Story- Pt 2: Can I Pour You a Cup?

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach the good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners..."Isaiah 61:1

What are you passionate about?

That question used to really trip me up. It's the question you hear after telling someone," I have no clue what I'm made to do". I was asked this alot when I was trying to decide on a major in college...funny, I'm still asked that question post-graduation...

I had no answer until I took my first Human Service class. Then I knew...People are my passion. I LOVE people! I can't help myself. Most especially, women. I connect with their hurts, their insecurties, their fears....Even if I have never walked a step in your shoes, I will hurt for you.

My greatest desire for my life, apart from having a family, is to spend my days talking with women over coffee (That's my beverage choice. I will leave yours up to you). I'm serious. Let me pour myself a cup of coffee, and I am all yours. Let's talk about your hangups> your fears> your family troubles> your marital issues> your singlness> your struggles. I want to hear it all with ears totally atuned to you, to God, and to His word. I don't care how young or how old you are. Of course, the older you are the more I will spend time learning from you.

I need you to share your life with me.

Another desire for my life is to stay actively involved in the fight for abstinence, the fight for babies' rights to life in the womb and out, and the fight for redemption for young pregnant teens. It would take too much time to really share my heart on this. I'm so thankful to God for the opportunities He has given me to be apart of battles for abundant life....

In my major, I thrived learning about people >Marriage and Family, Child Psychology, Human Growth and Development, Group Therapy. These classes only strengthened my passion for engaging with people...

**God has quite the sense of humor. I love people, this is true> men, women, and children. However, women are my niche....But here I am working at Butler Ford where 99% of my colleagues are men. You know why I think I'm there? Well, there are several reasons. 1) I don't know of one Christian. They need to see Christ exemplified in someone. 2) These men have wives, or did have wives. If I'm going to share life with women, it wouldn't hurt to understand the men they marry. *Bless their hearts* I will leave it at that. **

God is so good to me. He created me with a passion for people, and then gave me opportunities to serve them....

I shared my passions. What are yours?

In His Name,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh Jen....I miss you!! I think you'll do a good job in whatever you persue in the future. God obviously has you as a way to speak to these men about Him. They're watching your life when you don't realize it. - - - -
As for me..I'm not sure what my passion is, but I have about 3 stories on file I work on from time to time. Maybe some future job will come up for me soon. keep praying.