Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Heavy Heart

I have a heavy heart this morning. There's a situation that I'm not sure how to handle, and it's swallowing me up in defeat. The question I keep asking myself is whether this feeling is conviction or condemnation. Conviction is healthy- it's how the Holy Spirit leads us to repentance. Condemnation, on the other hand, is not for the Saints. The words of Paul tell us this truth in Romans 8:1-2, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death". In Christ, there is no condemnation, but there is conviction.

Am I being convicted about this situation? Yes

Am I being condemned about this situation? Yes

I'm feeling conviction over the "situation" because I have a responsibility in the "situation". At the same time, I am scared about what God may be asking me to do. I'm towing the line of  "Is this what God's asking me to do, because I'm not sure what the outcome will be?" and "Am I willing to be obedient, if this is what God is asking me to do?" I want to be obedient, but I'm scared and unsure about the solution to the "situation. Oh, what a day! As uncomfortable has today has been, I know that conviction is for my benefit. I'm letting go of condemnation and embracing conviction.

Pray for me, if I cross your mind today. I need wisdom to make the right decision and the courage to be obedient.

I apologize- this post has been a bit of a processing post for me. My hope is it has strunk a chord with your heart, as well as mine.

In His Name,
Jennifer

No comments: