Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

No Skipping a Beat

Happy Monday to ya!

Mondays seem extra mundane. In essence, though, Mondays are the same as every other day. It follows Sunday and comes before Tuesday. No worries, I am not going to sing the Friday song. What is it about Mondays that makes me think of that song? As I was saying *writing*, Monday is no different than any other day of the week. It's the placement of  "Monday" that makes it so dreaded. No one wants to break the weekend. Monday got the short end of the stick. Okay, enough with my babbling about "Monday", as if it actually has feelings.

My goal for this "Monday" is to embrace every second of it. I'm so quick to say, "Ugh, it's Monday again". But what happens if  I waste my "Monday"? I lose the day. Life is too short for that nonsense. I admit I am one of those "oh so loved" smell the roses kinda people, but at the same time, I have no problem waking up in a funk. In fact, I have to fight the funk every morning that begins Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. ;)

In order to celebrate Monday the twenty-seventh of June, I have composed a list of a "few of my favorite things".

--Summer showers *They bring May flowers. What's not to love?
--Cupcakes *Unfortunately, this love can cause serious havoc, if not supervised.
--The moment the sun first touches your skin after being indoors for hours. *Just realized my love for those moments Saturday.
--The smell of a new book *It does not get much better than that.
--Fresh veggies *I love going to the Farmer's Market to get them, even more than eating them.
--Water *sound, smell, taste
-- A good cup of coffee *yum

Whether you woke up on cloud 9 this morning or a little down like me, I hope that you take time celebrate the day. No day should be wasted, not even Monday.

In His Love,
Jennifer

No comments: