Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

I Don't Know How to be Strong

If the goal is to be superwoman, I'm in trouble.

Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy in his dwelling place (1 Chronicles 16:27).


It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that swing
Courtesy of Flickr: Dranidis
 You see, despite my best efforts, I'm weak.  I can't scale buildings, fly, become invisible, or run at lightening speed. Ending world hunger? It's beyond my abilities. Opening my life to every broken heart? I want to, but I lack the strength.

He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights (2 Samuel 22:34).

My back is too weak to carry heavy burdens for myself or others. When I try, the realization of my weakness only adds to the burden. I can, however, hand them over to my Savior. He has already carried the weight of the world on His torn and bruised back.

The Lord is the strength of his people; he is the saving refuge of his anointed (Psalm 28:8).

In our weakest moments, He gives strength. When you're not enough to end the world's pain, He is. Those days when you're sinking in the depressive feelings that haunt you you are not forsaken. You know what's cool? He is more than willing to fill you with His strength. You're not enough. He is.

The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace (Psalm 29:11).

Nope, I'm not superwoman, but I am supernaturally strengthened every day.

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak (Isaiah 40:29).

Let's quit exhausting ourselves by trying to do things on our own, and instead, receive His strength.

In His Name,
Jennifer

No comments: