Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

His Face I Seek

water lily
Courtesy of Flickr: swee.t.c
You have said, “Seek my face.” My heart says to you, “Your face, LORD, do I seek. Psalm 27:8

{Seek} is my "word" for the year. Here I am at the end of August, and I'm wondering, "Have I have sought after Him this year?".
 
It's hard to pinpoint if I've I sought Him, but it's easy to see that I have had plenty of reasons to. This year, 2011, has been a full year for better or worse. We lost our house, We watched helpless as stresses of the loss threatened to tear our family apart, and we lived through disappointments. God has wrecked us and restored us. On the brink of a free fall, our mouths prayed prayers to be delivered from death. Did He answer our prayer? Well that's a matter of interpretation. We're still breathing in our physical bodies, but our flesh has less life than before. Hallelujah! We can celebrate in our healing because we have felt Him breath His life-giving breath into our situation. But do we?

What is my posture in the mist of chaos? Am I like Daniel when he said, So I gave my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth and ashes (Daniel 9:3)? Can I be counted among Jehoshaphat when he was afraid and set his face to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah (2 Chronicles 20:3)?
 
Oh that my heart in good or bad would proclaim, Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually! (1 Chronicles 16:11). Yes, it's my desire, but is that my stance? This year I've tasted and seen that the Lord is good and blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! (Psalm 34:8). I pray, as I continue to live in this broken world, I would seek my God's face until my last breath.

I love my Lord! Without the pleasure of seeking Him and His plans this year, I would be as good as defeated.


In His Name,
Jennifer


No comments: