Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

He's Willing

thirtysomething/52
Courtesy of Flickr: here

Yesterday I wrote about the faith of the woman with the issue of blood, and my lack of faith in going to God for my own healing. Missed it? Click here. I told you about the image in my head. Unlike the woman with the issue of blood reaching out in faith for her healing, I wrap myself around the legs of Jesus begging to be healed. I've wondered why I beg. And I think for me there are several reasons. One, I believe He's not willing. I'm not the only one who has begged at the feet of Jesus. There was a man with leprosy. He begged on his knees, "If you are willing, you can make me clean."


A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees, “If you are willing, you can make me clean.” Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured (Mark 1:40-42)

He was willing. Being filled with compassion, he made him clean.

With one look at your broken state, He is moved by compassion toward you also. We can't forget that He is the same Healer He has always been.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever (Hebrews 13:8).

The grace of Jesus Christ reaches into our deepest trenches and makes us whole.

He's willing.



FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG


In His Name,
Jennifer

7 comments:

Unknown said...

"reaches into our deepest trenches and makes us whole". Yes it does. I love this reminder of His beautiful grace. Thanks Jen.

Katie said...

Thank you for the reminder that he is willing....

Jennifer said...

Jeri, thanks for celebrating His grace with me!

And Katie, thank you for believing in His willingness with me!

I'm so grateful for you ladies!

Caroline said...

What a great part of that story to focus on.

"The grace of Jesus Christ reaches into our deepest trenches and makes us whole.

He's willing."

Willing, indeed! And how beautiful that grace-filled willingness is. Thank you for such a beautiful reminder.

Jennifer said...

He's so willing! Thank you, Caroline! :)

Angela Mackey said...

He is willing. So true. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer said...

Thank you, Angela, for stopping by!