Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lord, Help This Girl!

Yesterday was one of those days where I have to shake my head at myself. Remember my bad mood? Even with my list of the things that I'm thankful for, I struggled for the rest of the day. Oh my humanity!

她曾經盛開過 She's once in full bloom.
Courtesy of Flickr: here
My inability to swallow the mood begs the question, "Was the list even worth the effort?". Could the list have possibly been a waste of time? I thought about the events of the day and concluded that "yes"- it was worth the effort and "no"- it was not a waste of time. A "Thankful List" is not a fix all. My mood didn't miraculously improve, although it should have considering how blessed I truly am.

You know what did happen? My mind, if only for a minute, was taken off of me and focused on Him. Where I went wrong was in ignoring my blessings. Even after I listed the great (big and small) things the Lord had done for me, I was selfish enough to walk away from the list allowing my mood to override my Savior's goodness and sovereignty.

Common practice, right? I'm ashamed it is for me. The temptation now is too label myself "failure" and let the list making slide. Good thing I'm feeling a little stronger emotionally today.

So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature (Galations 5:16).

I have so much to learn- so many areas to mature in. Getting over myself and living according to the Spirit is a big one.

Anywho, I'm rambling. Here is a new list for new day.

1) A love of a Savior that leaves me reeling with amazement.
2) Mornings- when everything seems new.
3) Hallmark Christmas movies- the cheesy the better! ;)
4) Orange, red, and yellow leaves.
5) Grace, indeed.

Love you guys oodles!

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him" (Lamentations 3:22-24)

In His Name,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Shebecomes said...

I just saw a cheesy but cute Christmas movie...I don't think it was Hallmark, but it is called Mrs. Miracle. You should watch :)

And I completely and totally agree and relate to everything you said yesterday and today. I'm gonna go take some time to reflect those things I am thankful for.

Jennifer said...

My mom just told me yesterday that I should see that movie. How funny! Now it's definitely on my "must watch this season" movie list. :)

It's hard isn't it? I think I oversimplify the need to be grateful. I'm excited you'll be taking an inventory too!