You may have a good reason for being angry, sad, disappointed, or just plain frustrated. I'm not denying you (or me) that. If you're breathing, you will have hard days. But (gotta love a "but") pity parties only ruin perfectly good days. So, I'm making a list- a list of what I'm thankful for today. Honestly, I'd rather not. I'm kinda fond of my pity parties. Here's me swallowing my pride.
|Courtesy of Flickr: here|
2) I'm thankful that He's my portion- Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him (Lamentations 3:22-24).
3) I'm thankful for family and friends that love me even when I'm moody. ;)
4) I'm thankful for blogging friends
5) I'm thankful for coffee that sweet to the taste buds
6) I'm thankful for food on my table
7) I'm thankful for four hours of overtime today after having to take Friday off.
8) I'm thankful for shoes that protect my feet from disease.
9) I'm thankful for hard lessons
10) I'm thankful for grace, that keeps me from staying put in my mess.
A psalm. For giving thanks.
1Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
2Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Notice who is mentioned over and over- our Lord. Today my focus is off of Him and on me, and that's never good. It happens, but I can't stay here. On the other hand, I hope that you are having a great day. I'm praying His favor is evident in your life today. Thank God for the good, the bad, and the ugly. Then check out the gang in Ecuador. I promise you will find a lot to be grateful for.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless (Psalm 84:11).
In His Name,