Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Breathe: You are Powerless, my Friend

Night Hikers
Courtesy of Flickr: here

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps (Prov 16:9)

Amen, right? It's a good thing too. My heart can run me into the ground in a "heart-beat" (pun most definitely intended) Where would I be if it were up to my own whims?

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails (Prov 19:21)

His purpose prevails. Though my plans are many, He is sovereign. It's comforting.

 A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way? (Prov 20:24)

How could I and why would I want to? With my near-sighted vision, it seems pointless to try to control my life.

I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps (Jer 10:23)

And the kicker: this life is not my own!

I know I come back to the topic of God's plan and His direction a lot on this blog. I think it has a lot to do with where I am at this place in my life. I'm sorry if I bore you- please forgive me. *Big Cheesy Smile*

But in my defense: I pray for leading when I write, this topic is important in our relationship with God, and God's Word does not return void. *Smile*

There is freedom in not being in control. I'm finding that, and it's sweet to the taste.

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! (Psalm 34:8)

Praying that you, ladies and gents, are tasting the goodness of His plans this day!

Love you to pieces!

In His Name,
Jennifer


No comments: