Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Psalm 119: Truth in Affliction

This morning I am reading and meditating on the verses of Psalm 119. Considering some of the things going right now in my life and the life of my family, I need to park myself in the Word. I'm not always quick to do that, but today, I want to make the right decision. Instead of slipping into fear and stress, I'm choosing to believe His words- the bread of life.


It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold (Psalm 119:71-72).

I'm digging for diamonds in the dark cave of this trial. {Holly Gerth taught me that lesson in a simple comment she made on an (in)courage post}

I know, O Lord, that your laws are righteous, and in faithfulness you have afflicted me. May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant (Psalm 119:75-76).

Digging deep to find truth inspite of consusion, all the while resting in verse 75, in faithfulness you have afflicted me.

In His Name,
Jennifer

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Praying for you, love. We need a phone date soon.

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Sweet! Yes we do...soon. Love you!