Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Pray for Me?

Wow. What a day, and it's only 10:16. Oy.

I want to share all the details here and plead for your prayers, but the sharing part would be wrong. Pleading for prayers? Now, that I can do.

I'm in a tight place at work. It's a situation where the right thing to do is confusing at best. I have to remember

For, “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil" (1 Peter 3:10-12)

And

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy (1 Peter 1:15-16).

Oy. Have I said that already?

It is no coincidence that I read 1 Peter 1, 2, and 3 this morning. In fact, I've been parked in 1 Peter for about a month. He knows what I need each day- such sweet grace and mercy! Thank you, Lord!

Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us (1 Peter 2:11-12).

I have to dig my heels into the truth.

For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:19-21).

I'm sorry this is so vague.

Pray for me?

In His Name,
Jennifer

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love 1 Peter! and you :) suffering is inevitable when most of the world is playing for the other team... but you will ALWAYS have the advantage, because "greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world!"

Jennifer said...

Funny, I love 1 Peter and you! :) Thanks, Becca, you are right- so right.

Stephanie said...

Hi Jennifer, whatever is going on with work, I'm praying for you. Especially for wisdom. Love ya!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Steph! I so appreciate it! Love you!