Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sacred.

Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching the people to love, but to use violence to get what they want. That is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion. - Mother Teresa

Fearfully and wonderfully made...
Courtesy of Flickr: here

January is Sanctity of Human Life month. The topic of the sacredness of life is close to my heart. Many of my class projects in my major classes were focused on the topic of teen pregnancy and abortion. My major was Human Services, which gave me plenty of opportunities to share my heart on this topic and get graded on it. Abortion is not a soap box I stand on with condemnation, but with compassion. My heart is fully wrapped up in this subject.

Each party of  abortion "issue" (mother, father, and baby) has a heartbreaking story. Their situation is not black or white, but a dark shade of grey. Don't misunderstand, the truth is black and white- "though shalt not kill" (Deut 5:17). I recognize that and will fight for that truth, but to over look the pain and desperation involved is to over look the heart of the "issue"- all three (+) hearts. More lives are destroyed through abortions than the ones literally taken. I wish I could share with you all the stories I have researched over the years. Maybe I will share some stories this month. It's suffice to say abortion is a family affair- end of story.

January last year we had a abstinence rally, Momentum. It was a very exciting time as God crossed my path with new friends that had the same passions and desires I had. We were in awe as watched the details fall into place simply by the hand of God. Our team had/have a passion for folks who believe the lie that sex outside of marriage satisfies, or that it's a quick fix. The goal of Momentum was to offer the One who could bring truth, hope, restoration, redemption, and healing to their lives. In small, obedient steps, we hoped to be used by God to cause a ripple effect that would bring an end to the abortion.

I could keep going, but I'll stop. There are so many faucets to the abortion "issue". It would take too much time to address them all in this post. So, I'll pray. I'll pray that you'll pick up the baton, that you'll do some research, and that you'll join me in praying for lives that are, as I write this, knee deep in the Battle.

Check out this article. Great stuff.

Life is sacred. For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do (Eph 2:10).

In His Name,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Desiray said...

Life is a blessing and only God has the right to take a life and bring life I don't know where we think we have been left as judge,

Jennifer said...

It's true. I think many times it's because people don't understand God's creative design, or His plans even in desperation.

penguinsandladybugs said...

I love that picture....so sweet! I am of the opinion babies are always cause for celebration, no matter how they got here :) Life is indeed sacred!

enthusiastically, dawn said...

I will be posting during this month about abortion as well, and taking up the baton alongside you. Abortion is a thief. It robs every person involved in one way or another. Nice post Jennifer. In His Grace, Dawn

Jennifer said...

Me too- I fell in love with it when I found it on Flickr...You know, I could not agree with you more! :)

Dawn, really? I'll have to check that out! "Abortion is a thief"---Amen! I love that.