Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Bedazzled Mondays

Happy Monday, Ladies and Gents!

If you are like me, Mondays can go either way- way good or way bad. It's the beast called Monday. Since I'm not a fan of bad days, I'm doing everything in His power to do my part to have a great Monday. Today is just a blink, in the grand scheme of eternity, but a blink that has value.

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also (Matthew 6:19-21).


I read these verses yesterday. As I read, I was all nods and agreements: Yes! Storing treasures in Heaven- that's what it's all about. A full night's rest later and I am still agreeing, but I'm also pausing to meditate on what that means for me today.

I recognize treasures stored here are left here when we die. So what are the applications I should glean from these verses?



What are these treasures?

How do I store them in Heaven?
What can I do today to store these treasures in Heaven?

The things we work so hard for in the life, the striving, will mean nothing if there is no impact made for eternity.

What are we working for?

Who are we working for?

Are we following after Him?

Treasures are stored in our day to day, even if our "days" seem to make no difference. Be sure every day is an opportunity to store treasures, where they are eternally preserved. 

Here is where I am today- questioning and praying for an eternal perspective.

Sometimes I just lose grip on what matters each day.

Happy Monday!

In His Name,
Jennifer

No comments: