Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Learning to Worship Through Sacrifice

Morning, Ladies and Gents! I hope that you are having a lovely Wednesday.


Sailing
Courtesy of Flickr: here

Are you observing Lent this year? If you are, you know that today is the one week mark. Yep, week one down. Even though I am fully aware of curiousity killing the cat, I'm curious, How are you doing?, Has this week been hard for you or a mountain top experiece? and What is God teaching you?.

{Pause for answers}

You know that I would never ask something of you that I'm not at least willing to give a shot at myself. That being the case, here are my answers. You know, if you're curious.

How are you doing?

Well, I'm so glad you asked. I'm better. This year, I realize we're only in February, has been hard. I will not grumble today because I've written this before. Let's just say it's been a bi-polar year in all it's beauty. That being said, I wanted to observe Lent this year. I never have before, mainly because I've never been a part of a church that has participated in the Lenten season. As an act of sacrifice during Lent, I have decided to give up sugar. Eek, I know. It's a hard, hard thing for those of us who love us some sweets. You know what? It has been a lot easier than I anticipated. I'll insert here that I did slip one day. And what did I do? I basked in His grace. It's a sweet thing to sit in His grace. Legalism is not the game I'm playing this year.

Has this week been hard for you or a mountain top experiece? 


Now, that I have to answer this question, I'm realizing it's a little too all or nothing. This week has been a challenge, however, not super hard. On the other hand, it's been enjoyable, but to say it's been a mountain top experience would be an exageration. Sorry. Let's just say I'm learning to dance in the valley. Arms thrown out with eyes looking upward, I'm learning to "let go".

What is God teaching you?

- Let go
- Know He is able
- Count the cost
- Take up your cross
- Sacrifice as worship
- Trust Him "recklessly"

Your turn. Whether you are celebrating Lent or not, I would love to "hear" what God is doing in your life. No pressure.

Happy Wednesday!

In His Name,
Jennifer

No comments: