Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Make Me A Fork

Father, make of me a crisis man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road; make me a fork, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me. ~Jim Elliot

If you see a fork in the road, take it.
Courtesy of Flickr: here

Have you ever been traveling, come to a fork in the road, and then realize you have to make a decision as to which road you will take? For us directionally challenged folks with decision- making phobias, this could be a big problem. Big. Where am I? Which way do I go? North? South? Let's innie minnie miny moe this thing {FYI: innie minnie miny moe would not be an option for me- I'm much too up tight for that philosopy}

Point taken?

You understand what I'm saying. A choice has to be made. Sitting in that one place forever is not an option. Each road will take you to a place different from the other direction. So, you decide.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me (John 14:6).

There is only one Way.

I love the words of Jim Elliot- they drip with wisdom. In the quote above, he prays that he would be a crisis man and that God would bring those {he} contacts to decision. That he would not be a milepost on a single road but that God would make {him} a fork, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in {him}.

Think about that. Christ in us the fork leading to a decision.

Will you join me in praying?

Father, make of me a crisis {wo}man. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road; make me a fork, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me

Amen.

In His Name,
Jennifer

No comments: