Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Relentless Hope

But now, this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
Isaiah 43:1-3


Hope:

I don't know what you are walking through, but I do know that, as residents of this world, you are/have/will be going through something. Deep waters are inevitable. Threatening fire is are our fate. But you, my friends- who trust in our Lord as your Saviour- you will not be consumed. You will not be burned. Walking on coals of burning fire alone is not your destiny. Your name is known by the God of the universe. Our majestic King knows you.

Redeemed.

Restored.

Guarded.

You are His. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior (vs 3).

Everyday I hear of sickness, death, disease, financial woes, brokenness, pain. It hurts. It overwhelms. And most times I have no idea what to say or do...There is hope.

We're not home. The world would call home now is fading. It's not home.

Our very real Father promises to never leave. We can't see with our eyes, but we know.

Again, I don't know what you are standing in today. Water or fire. Pain or Joy. You will not be consumed.

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body (2 Corinthians 4:7-11).

Rest.

In His Name,
Jennifer

No comments: