Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MeekMess

Meekness

At the end of last year, I begin praying that God would give me a word of focus for this year. What will we  learn in 2012? I was reading Kay Arthur's As Silver Refined at the time, and there was a word, a theme, that stuck out to me the most. God was dealing with me over this word. I believed this was the word. Honestly, there were a hundred other words that would have been more fun, and yet, I knew this was the one I needed to learn.

Meekness.

Oy. Do you know what it means to be meek? I'm still learning. I think it means I must die- that I have to become last- that your needs are more important than my own- that God is sovereign and I must submit. It's a lowly state. The meek rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; they know for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for {them} (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). I'm not there, but I'm learning. Believe me God has made sure I have had plenty of opportunity to become less. I'm grateful in a fleshly I'm-not-there-yet sort of way.

The LORD lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground (Psalm 147:6)

Something I've thought about since I started "focusing" on Meekness is the fact that if we all truly lived from a place of Meekness, our world would be turn upside down, or rightside up, if you will. We would be more about serving than getting. What would that even look like?

Meekness.

Though I've made little progress, I'm hopeful.

Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed (Psalm 34:5).

In His Name,
Jennifer

No comments: