Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sharing My Life: Thanksgiving Edition

Want a glimpse into my Thanksgiving weekend? Well, what ya know, that's exactly what this post is about. Just a short little peek. Too much and you may never return to this blog. Wouldn't want that, would we?

My Mama and I. Can you tell we're related?


Funny, that last picture was my only picture from Thanksgiving Day. I guess we were having too much fun to pause for pictures. Nonetheless, Thanksgiving Day was a blast- good eatin', family huggin', movie seein' fun.

Friday morning I had to work, but was able to leave early to head to my other grandparents house. It was a weekend of sentiments. You will soon see where I get my sentimental side from. It's in my blood. I can't help myself.

This is the home of my great-grandparents, who I've never met. They died before I was born. Their precious house is a few days from being torn down. Some of our family made a quick trip to see the "homestead" before it was gone.


My Mama and aunts with a few of their cousins.
Me with my cousins (We're the great-grandkids)

From our trip to the "Homestead", we went to my Nana and Papa's house for a weekend of fun with the crazies. There was more eating, and then time to open the time capsule. Yes, you read that right. I did say "time capsule". My brother, my cousins (the two above), and myself created a time capsule, a box a crazy things that was hidden in a hide away at my Nana and Papa's house 11 years ago, that was suppose to be opened this year. 

Us with our Time Capsule- so exciting!

Inside was colored papers revealing our crushes, magazines we supposedly made. Mine and Whitney's (the cousin all the way to the right, by me) magazine was empty. It only had a cover. I think we got distracted writing the letter, also hidden in the hide away. Our letter was one of the funniest parts. It listed again our crushes (we needed hobbies) and other funny things, such as dreams for the future. Mine? To marry my crush. Seriously. I had a problem. *wink*

Time Capsule

Our Letter, set to open an early date, but was somehow forgotten.

We're crazy. I'm sure of it, but we know how to make memories. This weekend was a great weekend to pause and express thanks for the blessings we have. It's a hard life. There are many things that stump our gratitude. I know your Thanksgiving may not have been all you hoped. Maybe it was plain rotten. I'm sorry. I hope that no matter the circumstances we can all take an inventory of God's grace. It's a beautiful thing.

Love to all you guys who read here, and may you return again soon!

No comments: