Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

In the Silence

新年.走春 回娘家
Courtesy of Flickr: here

 Until recently, I have been quiet on the blog. That has a lot to do with this season of a new job, new town, new church. Life has gotten busy and has stretched me to the max. But it goes deeper than that. My silence has more to do with writer's block. The words just haven't been there. Writer's block is somewhat common for me. It likes to show itself when I need to write the most. Those moments when the air is so foggy and life is unclear my brain tends to follow suit. It would seem that the lessons would be fresh in such seasons, but for me they're more of a mosaic of doubt and confusion. So much so that words rarely follow.

I'm breaking the silence. Not that I feel like I have any great insight I've gained from this season, but I miss writing, and because I think that when the words are the hardest to find is probably when they are the most valuable. 

You should probably know going forward that the new change of location and job has caused a lot of fear to surface. I'm fighting long time battles of fear, insecurity, and doubt. But there is also a sense of God moving in  me and around me, which excites me to no end! 

Passion for more is fully ignited. God has been opening my eyes to a desire to see the church mobilized with the Gospel of Jesus Christ- to see the body taking their rightful places. Where "unreached" is no more. Where injustices are met by the body fully prepared for combat.  Where babies go to bed full. Where life is an option. Where kiddos are loved. Where people have homes and safety.

And yet, there is a very real awareness of the broken state of our world- a realization that the world is indeed groaning for the return of Jesus.

For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience (Romans 8:22-25)

I don't know what's going on inside you mind, heart, and life right now, but I'd love to know.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi. It's interesting because our pastor just taught on this passage in Romans 8. It also feels to me that our world is going through a change. Something is moving and we only have to thank God and be assured that He is In Control even when we are scared, confused and fearful.