Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Living Life From Seth's View

"Jesus said, Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14

Seth is my three year old brother. He's a kid. He thinks like a kid, loves like a kid, and plays like a kid.

Do you ever just want that innocent playful life you lived as a kid?

I do!

I want to run around squealing without caring what my neighbors think; I want to play; I want to believe in Santa again; and I want to continue to view my parents as invincible. Here is where the problem lies: I have lost my child-like faith. I have lost sight of the child in me. What is it about growing up that makes us forget what it's like to be a kid?

The innocence of the child in me is gone. I'm surrounded by a world that feeds me lies about what is expected of me. I have lost my freedom to be silly. Now, I'm not blaming the world. I gave it up.

I did not have to believe I wasn't smart enough, pretty enough,...or so on and so on. I lost sight of the truth- I was created in His image. I have forgotten what it's like to be a kid and not care what people think. Beyond not caring, not even thinking about someone having an opinion of me.

I think this is the truth behind why I lost my child-like faith. For some of you, it may be life just became too busy. Whatever YOUR reason, we have a sisterhood in our struggle. I have never met a person who has said they have NEVER felt this way. Now, this may not be something you struggle with presently, but I believe we all have at some point in our lives.

So, let's reclaim this child-like faith. It's ours for the taking. That kid is still living in you.

Today, I think I have played more than I have in a while and it felt GREAT!

I believe child-like faith is taking each day as it comes and filling it with fun, toys, and laughter.

So let's do it!

Play, Laugh, and Praise Him,
Jennifer

2 comments:

The Broken Man said...

We did a session at our bible study group just last week about playfulness. Thanks for your post,

The Broken man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

Mia said...

Great post!
There's a song by Chris Rice called "Kids Again" and one verse says:
"smile at the sky
catch fireflies
don't be afraid to laugh or cry
more bedtime prayers
more asking why!"
:)

--Mia