Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

All the Single Ladies?

I LOVE Valentines Day!! I may be single, but there is no reason for me to stop living one day every year because I'm single. Nope not going to happen. Instead, I will celebrate!!

So right now I'm listening to a little Lionel Richie. <3 I'm such a romantic and I can't deny it.

....Some Valentines are harder than others>> Prayin' He will walk in before the "Love" day arrives so I won't be alone pining for him.

This Valentine's I'm happy>>> Truly happy with my status. Sure, I would love to be spending it with my man, but he's not here. Instead, God has been cultivating a content heart in me. He has been slowly preparing me for this day and the days of singleness ahead of me. I think I've told you guys that He has been whispering "Be satisfied with Me alone" to my heart for about a month. He hasn't left me with those words alone to ponder; instead, He has been teaching my heart to be satisfied with Him *without my help*. How could I wish for more? He is more than enough...Please don't misunderstand me. I completely understand wanting arms surrounding you, a man to lay your heart in front of, and chocolate/flowers on Valentine's Day. I'm not beyond wanting what every woman wants. But this Valentine's Day, He has turned my heart only toward Him. I NEED Him.

I've learned not to live each Holiday as if "maybe next year" I'll have a man. I have all I need. I pray one day I WILL have a fleshly representation of my relationship with Christ. Not today...maybe not tomorrow or the next day...I don't want to wake up one day and realize all I ever did was wait. I want to do things, I want to grow, and I want to seek my God. Then when the time is right, I will be ready for him and he will be ready for me. Our hearts will be satisfied in Him>> giving us the freedom to love each other unconditionally.

"Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave." Psalm 86:11-13

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14

In His Name,

Jennifer

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Dang! I wish I could say I was there. I can't tell you how much I admire and respect you and all that God is doing in and through you. It's simply amazing to witness you becoming who you're meant to be - with or without a man, ma'am!

Bernadine said...

Lovely post.

Angela said...

Love you girl! May we glorify God by calling Him worthy and sufficient!