Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Life Has Gotten Busy...

and I've gotten tired. Isn't that the way it works? We're told to push, to work, to compete- make things happen. Yes, all good things. We work hard and things do happen. God even gives a guide to follow: Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise (Proverbs 6:6). Ants have the art of sowing and reaping down (in ant form, that is). They work hard, store food, and eat a plenty in the winter months. Plain and simple hard work feeds them, by the hand of a gracious God. Same with us, right? God never called His people to be lazy. He did, however, say, "wait, trust, be still".

Where is the balance? When does waiting become laziness or fear? When does the line blur between working hard and running ahead of God?

That's what I'm wrestling with right now. What's ours? What's God's? And where's the balance? I know that it's by God's hands we have everything we need. I also know that following Him does not always look like success. So, I wonder where does hard work and success fit into the equation.

I feel silly struggling with this stuff. It seems simple enough- work hard, trust God, wait on Him...In this season, it is anything but simple for this girl.

A couple of things I have learned over the years is to take all my questions to God, to be honest about my questions, and to go to the Word for anwers. Sometimes, things are not simple, especially when seasons cloud reason. And yet, the Word of God stands strong, always available, with all truth.

Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth (Psalm 46:10).

Have any thoughts? I'd love to "hear" them!

Oh, Happy Friday!!

In His Name,
Jennifer



No comments: