Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beauty in the Dryness- in the Continuing

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness (Colossians 2:6-7).

Bryce Canyon National Park [Explored Frontpage]
Courtesy of Flickr: here
What is it about the continuing part that is so hard?  Here we are, those of us who are Christians, on the receiving end of Him, but struggling to live, to be rooted, to built up in Him, to be strengthened in faith, and to overflow with thanksgiving. Paul knew they (the Colossians, the Philippians, the Thessalonians, the Romans) would struggle. In the same way we do today, they struggled. That's what I love about Paul- he knew the importance of discipleship. He didn't save 'em and leave 'em. He walked with them, from a far most times, but there all the same. He discipled. He mentored. They struggled. They grew.

Struggle is part of the walk. I think we know that pretty well. What we need to remember is continuing is part of that walk. Let's struggle, let's question, let's wrestle. Isn't that part of crucifying the flesh- solidifying our faith- stretching our weak limbs? Let's take Paul's wise guidance, and keep on keepin' on (my words not His).

God is faithful to be there in the questioning, in the digging, and in the building. That's what I forget. Instead of taking my questions to Him, I stuff them or try to answer them myself. No, it's not working for me. You know, in case you were wondering. In fact, it has left me dry, and just plain tired. I've left Him on the shelf, not intentionally, but in the forgetting and in the business, I've let time with Him slip.

So, what I'm saying in the rambling is I'm dry and I know why. It's all in the lack of continuing.

Ya with me?

In His Name,
Jennifer

No comments: